Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anton Laveys last words

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to know what you folks make of this ? Is it true or what ?

I'm not in anyway religious but this gave me the chills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Festy wrote: »

Is it true? You're asking US? :D:D:D

I'm not in anyway religious but this gave me the chills.

Aw, bless! I don't think that would freak out my 11 year old and I thought it was quite funny, but not very informative really. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Given his cause of death was pulmonary edema, it's unlikely that he said anything in the hours immediately before his death.

The video you quote seems to be the primary source of this nonsense, so trust it as much as anyone relating a 3rd or 4th hand tale on the internets

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Is it true [...]
    No, it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Another death bed conversion/repentance fable?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I thought the introduction was amateurish. I thought the animation was sub-par. I thought the editing was atrocious. I thought the entire premise was a bit silly, seeing as there is no god, therefore no satan, and certainly no hell.

On a side note, I've always thought LaVey was a bit of a dick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Unless it was "I only did it to get the women" or some variation thereof, I'd doubt its veracity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Its not true, Lavey didn't say anything as he died.

Lavey also didn't believe in an actual Satan or an actual God. His group was often misunderstood by Christians as worshipping Satan, but Lavey didn't think Satan was an actual being, he was more drawn to the view that Christianity fundamentally stunted human development by focusing on this idea of denying human nature through guilt and repression, and saw Satan in the stories not a representation of evil but as a representation of the true nature of humanity. The Church of Satan was closer to people who follow the "Jedi code" or follow the principles of Star Trek, drawn to the ideals but with out thinking the stories are real (at least I hope they don't think the stories are real)

Also even if he did say these things it would not mean anything. People experience weird feelings when they die, from euphoria to fear. That doesn't mean anything supernatural is happening to them.

Interestingly this is a good example of how rumours about untrue events can work their way around groups like a religion. I believe this woman sincerely thinks this story is true, even though it didn't happen. Something to keep in mind the next time someone claims we know someone rose from the dead :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Zombrex wrote: »
    Its not true, Lavey didn't say anything as he died.

Lavey also didn't believe in an actual Satan or an actual God. His group was often misunderstood by Christians as worshipping Satan, but Lavey didn't think Satan was an actual being, he was more drawn to the view that Christianity fundamentally stunted human development by focusing on this idea of denying human nature through guilt and repression, and saw Satan in the stories not a representation of evil but as a representation of the true nature of humanity. The Church of Satan was closer to people who follow the "Jedi code" or follow the principles of Star Trek, drawn to the ideals but with out thinking the stories are real (at least I hope they don't think the stories are real)

Also even if he did say these things it would not mean anything. People experience weird feelings when they die, from euphoria to fear. That doesn't mean anything supernatural is happening to them.

Interestingly this is a good example of how rumours about untrue events can work their way around groups like a religion. I believe this woman sincerely thinks this story is true, even though it didn't happen. Something to keep in mind the next time someone claims we know someone rose from the dead :)

This is true.

Once had the 'pleasure' of getting completely rat arsed with two 'members' of the Church of Satan - a Catalan and an Icelander. We spent most of the time attempting to see if we could still communicate if each of us spoke only in our native language. Pass the vodka turned out to be easily understood in any language...

I then had to go onstage and play the bass...I had to sit the whole time as I was far too drunk to stand and apparently about half way through the set I gave the drum machine a kicking (from my seated position) as it was annoying me...Happy Days of which I have little memory.

Bizarrely, we later found out that someone was selling tapes (this was pre-CD days) of our set in Camden Market...and people were buying them :eek:.

Some people will buy any old ****e...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

That is epic mood music they are playing down there in hell in that first video!
    Although I agree the animation is rubbish. It sounds a bit like the Gladiator movie.
    For those heathens who haven't watched it yet (and I include myself in that) I think its a version of the John Debney soundtrack from The Passion of The Christ movie. Lots of Superheroes actually go to Debney for their own theme music :D

Jesus;The Passion of The Christ
    The Rock; The Scorpion King
    Ironman 2
    Spidermen 2 & 3

Christ

The Scorpion King
    Ironman 2

Advertisement