Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The registration condition of Probation? Teacher Application Form

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there filling out the revised primary teaching application forms for Primary posts on educationposts.ie?

I'm really confused on what "Haveyou completed the registration condition of Probation?" means ?

Does it mean that you have:
    1. Attended all the NIPT courses
    2. Been probated, or
    3. Have done a part/restricted part of the Dip?

Thanks guys and gals :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Don't know about primary per se but for secondary it means:

Attending the NIPT workshops
    Completing 300hrs recognised post-qualification employment.

Probably the same sort of things in primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hockey21

F.A.S.H wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Anyone out there filling out the revised primary teaching application forms for Primary posts on educationposts.ie?

I'm really confused on what "Haveyou completed the registration condition of Probation?" means ?

Does it mean that you have:
    1. Attended all the NIPT courses
    2. Been probated, or
    3. Have done a part/restricted part of the Dip?

Thanks guys and gals :)
    Did you ever find out what the question means I did my dip in 2006 so does it mean I ignore that question as I clearly don't attend workshops iv full teaching council registration so it would automatically mean I'm probated????? Anybody know????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

hockey21 wrote: »
    Did you ever find out what the question means I did my dip in 2006 so does it mean I ignore that question as I clearly don't attend workshops iv full teaching council registration so it would automatically mean I'm probated????? Anybody know????

If you've full teaching council registration then I would assume that there's no probabtionary period going on... you've done your time.

Just write down 'full registration'. I presume that section is just for people applying who are completing or just have completed their training!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hockey21

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    If you've full teaching council registration then I would assume that there's no probabtionary period going on... you've done your time.

Just write down 'full registration'. I presume that section is just for people applying who are completing or just have completed their training!

Great yeah that's exactly what I thought hopefully a principal will read my application thanks for reply

Advertisement