Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sutherland building

Options
  • 18-06-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hoping to come to do the BCL degree next year, when is the new building expected to be finished?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Over the summer I'd say, by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

It will be finished in time for term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

It won't be finished till halfway 2014 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

According to the official documentation, early 2012.

I'd say September OP

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I was in UCD the other week and it was actually looking very well, I wouldn't say it'd be too much longer til its ready. It looked like some parts were totally finished being constructed. The new lake is also coming along nicely, even if it's a little excessive. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Well we were told we'd be the first class to graduate out of it, and we are graduating in early September, so here's hoping :D. We were also told we'd definitely be the last class to pass through Roebuck, so it's looking like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Rothmans wrote: »
    Well we were told we'd be the first class to graduate out of it, and we are graduating in early September, so here's hoping :D. We were also told we'd definitely be the last class to pass through Roebuck, so it's looking like it!

What is going to become of Roebuck?

What is going to become of Roebuck?

The School of Education is based there, so I'm assuming it'll stay.
    I heard rumours online here that the School of Maths is going there, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

It's about time Maths got their own place. They've been homeless for years.

Yes this year's 1st years will be stationed in Sutherland. You may have to wear hard hats for the first few weeks of term. Good luck in the leaving OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I can't wait for Sutherland to open. Trekking from Roebuck, Arts, Science, Health Science and JJ this year wasn't all that fun :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I was there a few weeks back and it looked like they were onto the finishing touches with the new science wing, sutherland and the lake. Extremely likely all will be completed and fully functional by September i'd say.

And despite the giving out about cost/functionality, etc (well, only for the lake, the others were well overdue)... I've got to say, they look class!

Advertisement