Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Query

Options
  • 18-06-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anybody could give me some advice on our situation. I am on JSB and will be in receipt of it for 234 days on Sept 2nd 2013. I am going back to college in Sept but cannot get BTEA as I will be doing a Masters.

I am currently claiming for my husband as a dependant and have been all along. He is also starting a college course in September and I was told last week that he would be entitled to claim the BTEA, this news was like winning the lotto as I honestly thought we weren't entitled to anything!

I am confused as to how it will all work out, basically, I will be switched to JSA in early September, I can get this until I register but what happens if I have to register before my husband? As in I will be coming off social welfare when I register so would he then still be entitled to the BTEA if he had to register after me? Hope that makes sense!!

Also, I get the full rate of €188 at the moment and my husband works part time so the amount I get for him can vary from €40-€124, how much BTEA would be get?

WOW sorry for the long post! Thanks for any opinions!

Advertisement