Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Social Situation

Options
  • 18-06-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

So, perhaps maybe to motivate someone to get a job, I thought I'd write down the deal with me :D

I at first waited I believe 8 months to get on welfare. I found out I was receiving 42euro, which was a major disappointment after everyone saying I'd 100% be on 100euro. I was pissed off initially but it's pretty to easy to live on it.

I did a few FAS courses, the Jobs Club etc.

I then, earlier this year, managed to get casual work, and went on Casual Work Allowance. I had two days work, and then found out that my claim would be suspended until I got my first pay cheque. As I was working monthly, this meant a month off of welfare. I then went off of Casual Work, before the job said it was too much hassle for a helper to need forms filled out every single time they work.

After this 2 days of work, I am greeted with a letter saying that I need to show them my rental agreement, bills etc. all over again. I'm not renting my house officially, but from a family friend. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, they had NEVER seen this type of arrangement before, and I was off of welfare for yet another 4 months.

Luckily, I've FINALLY reached the age where I can get Back To Education Allowance and put non education/work behind me for good.

I just thought that maybe someone thinking of dropping out of college and going on welfare might read this and realize that it's a lot of hassle you don't expect, with things you don't even understand going wrong, and really it's better to try and power through college and stuff and stick it out because in the end, it's not worth it.

Advertisement