Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need replacement battery for HP Laptop

Options
  • 18-06-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have a HP G72 laptop, the battery has gotten really poor of late, down to a matter of tens of minutes before it packs up. I've also received the odd note on boot-up to say the battery needs to be replaced, so replace it I shall.

The battery type (I think) is Mu06 (I can check when I get home), I did a quick search on Amazon and was able to find a bunch of battery choices (e.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laptop-Battery-Compaq-Presario-Notebook/dp/B007YW1C1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371574808&sr=8-1&keywords=hp+mu06). I'm thinking I'll get a 9 cell battery instead of 6, weight isn't an issue, but extra battery life is, and the additional bump at bottom will prop up the laptop nicely.

So my question is: is there a difference between brands when it comes to buying a replacement battery for a laptop? Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Try laptopsforless.com

They used to be cheap for batteries.

There's no real difference but an I branded battery might void your warranty

Advertisement