Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The lottery in Centra

Options
  • 18-06-2013 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Can you do the lotto in the UCD Centra?

€140 millions jackpot in the Euromillions tonight, I fancy my chances. Don`t want to walk down there though if they don`t do the lotto there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ACBBFG

yes you can, only quick pick though

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Woofstuff wrote: »
    I fancy my chances
    Woofstuff wrote: »
    Don`t want to walk down there though
    kinda sounds contradictory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Woofstuff

Polar Ice wrote: »
    kinda sounds contradictory

If I received information that may suggest that the lottery was not offered in UCD Centra, it would have saved me the trip down there and I would have promptly proceeded to make my way to another lottery agent nearby.

If I had received no information I would have gone down anyway.

Defo gonna win now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Since the OP's query appears to have been answered... do they still not sell beer in that centra?

Always annoying at 9.50pm when you know you won't make it to Spar at the top of Fosters Avenue, and it's going to have to be some nasty Chilean vinegar from Merville centra again.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

you defo won't get to the Spar on Foster's Avenue...even if you left now...closed about a year ago!

• Advertisement

Why can't the SU sell beers?

Did it ever? (excluding the student bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Why can't the SU sell beers?

Did it ever? (excluding the student bar)

Licensing laws. If your selling alcohol there are all sorts of weird and wonderful regulations like when you can sell it, who can sell it etc etc. Probably wouldn't be worth the extra effort when Centra as a franchise would have all the processes and systems in place to handle it. And lets be honest, students will always buy the cheapest they can and SU could never match Centra, let alone Tesco's or an off license.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thought this was going to be a thread about their hot chicken rolls

ironclaw wrote: »
    Licensing laws. If your selling alcohol there are all sorts of weird and wonderful regulations like when you can sell it, who can sell it etc etc. Probably wouldn't be worth the extra effort when Centra as a franchise would have all the processes and systems in place to handle it. And lets be honest, students will always buy the cheapest they can and SU could never match Centra, let alone Tesco's or an off license.
    Well Cebtra don't sell beer or spirits, they just have the regular old wine licence. If the SU acquired a liquor licence for the shop, they would be the only establishment selling beer at the centre of a campus inhabited by thousands of students.

I'm not so sure they couldn't compete with local stores. The SU compete with the other stores across other products. I don't believe the licencing laws to be so stringent as to represent an arduous burden on the SU, but the actual cost of obtaining a licence (north of €50k) may well be.

Advertisement