Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner working & Jobseekers?

Options
  • 18-06-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me how much my partner is allowed to earn before my payment is affected?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

They will give you sweet f all if he is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

thanks figured as much

thanks figured as much
    Is the lease in both names,if u are renting that is

If u go to citizens information they will be able to work out an approx payment amount that you will recieve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

They will give you sweet f all if he is working.

This is incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Can someone tell me how much my partner is allowed to earn before my payment is affected?

If working full time and just the two of you then €581 gross approx is the amount whereby you wont get any payment. In order for you to still receive €188 then somewhere between €295-€300 gross approx presuming its 3 days or more per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

buttercup...is it jsb or jsa? not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm on jsb and my husband works part time, the first €100 is not counted then he can earn between €100 and €310 and I get a reduced payment depending on how much.

The big problem I've had with this is actually telling social welfare dep how much he earns each week, the only system they seem to have is for his work to fill out a form every 13 weeks saying how much he has earned for the previous 13 weeks! Is very annoying as I know we now owe them money as he worked more than normal the last few weeks, still is better to be working!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

thanks everyone for that
    LJ82 wrote: »
    buttercup...is it jsb or jsa? not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm on jsb and my husband works part time, the first €100 is not counted then he can earn between €100 and €310 and I get a reduced payment depending on how much.

LJ82 can I ask is that the amount before or after tax, i'm so useless when it comes to all this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭LJ82

do you know I'm not entirely sure, husband thinks it is after tax as they ask for both on the form thingy you need to get work to fill out, hope it works out for you!

Advertisement