Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A3 prints hard photographs

Options
  • 18-06-2013 12:35pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for some help please. I have a number of photographs of finished projects, a friend of mine took them for me and about two years ago we arranged to have one printed on line as a sample. He cant remember the name of the place he used, basically the photographs are A3, I need about 10 individual prints.

the finish is a hard print out of the photo there is no frame, the picture is rigid, the front could be cleaned with a damp cloth. I've checked the one I have but they have no sticker on the front or back so i cant locate the company. It's like a rigid canvas print

anyone any ideas ? I don't know what to call the finish, at the time is was meant to be acrylic but its more like its printed on wood directly.

I'm not that bothered either way but the acrylic does sound better and I noted there has been some fading on the other one over the two years,

thank you all.

I found this site

http://photoartwarehouse.co.uk/

they have acrylic and PVC printing, PVC board is cheaper but looks good too, just really wondering about them fading now, they will be hung on a stairwell and get knocked down a bit, that's why I'm looking for tougher units, they will be in direct light so I'd want proper uv protections too.
    I guess I'm looking for people with first hand experience of this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

are they blockmounts?

photo print, laminated and mounted on MDF block

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

stcstc wrote: »
    are they blockmounts?

photo print, laminated and mounted on MDF block

that was what it ended up as alright, but I'd rather the acrylic, I'm looking that the site i named above.
    18"x 12" @ £42 each. Does that sound reasonable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thats very very cheap, have a search here you will find few threads where people have had issues with cheaper acrylics.

you do get what you pay for with them

Advertisement