Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Amazon.com delvier to Ireland

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, just wondering does the american amazon site deliver to ireland. I am looking to get a radeon hd 7870 and the amazon site in America is the cheapest.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'm not sure tbh. I know anything on amazon.co.uk that's listed as free dilivery to the uk is also free to ireland.

How much is the card? Is it a tahiti edition? Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

Not sure about electronics, possibly making this answer irrelevant, but yes, the definitely deliver other things to Ireland. Used to be hard work comparing the prices between sterling/dollar and with/without shipping costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Bear in mind anything ordered outside the EU is liable to have customs charges applied to it once it arrives in Ireland. Expect to pay VAT on top of whatever your US price is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

snappieT wrote: »
    Bear in mind anything ordered outside the EU is liable to have customs charges applied to it once it arrives in Ireland. Expect to pay VAT on top of whatever your US price is.

You can pay the duty on checkout on the .com site to avoid the doorstep shock. This is handy for sending items to parcel motels as they wont accept items that need duty to be paid

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dan28696

On the UK site it is 172 pounds which is 200 euros where as on the us site it is 232 dollars which is 173 euro. how much is the vat charge link here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/XFX-FX-787A-CNFC-Graphics-Express-DisplayPort/dp/B007MJGMXQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1371508326&sr=8-7&keywords=radeon+hd+7870

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Davy wrote: »
    You can pay the duty on checkout on the .com site to avoid the doorstep shock. This is handy for sending items to parcel motels as they wont accept items that need duty to be paid

How does that work exactly? Amazon.com then gives the money to the Irish Government?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Soundman wrote: »
    How does that work exactly? Amazon.com then gives the money to the Irish Government?

The money is passed to the courier for payment of the charges as normal, just rather than paying after, they calculate the amount and you prepay. If you over pay on the estimate, they will refund the remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,384 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BloodBath wrote: »
    I know anything on amazon.co.uk that's listed as free dilivery to the uk is also free to ireland.

That's only true if it's being fulfilled by Amazon, many third parties who sell through Amazon but ship themselves will not ship to ROI for any price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I haven't seen anyone offering free shipping except for Amazon yet but that is what i meant anyway.

Advertisement