Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damage to bumper, repair options?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Like an absolute tit, not paying attention, I reversed my Focus into a concrete pillar in a car park. The rear bumper has a fairly nasty crack in it although it's small enough when looking at the bumper as a whole. Also, lots of scratches as you can see.

Has anyone any recommendations for garages around Dublin that could repair this? Any ideas of prices? It's a Ford Focus Mk II.

My wife's going to kill me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,405 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try Carcraft in Ballybough, hard to know how much, likely not much change of €500.

www.carcraft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I know carcraft do good work, but they are pricey. I have used gvd autos in walkinstown a few times. They take longer, but the prices are very keen. I had far worse damage repaired on an old fto for under €400. Www.gvdautos.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Jesus there's no way I'd pay €500 for that. A repair and paint with someone decent can be got for €250-300.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

straight to a scrapyard for a secondhand black bumper in ok shape, pay a mechanic to fit it. job done for sub €200. if money is tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Try Carcraft in Ballybough, hard to know how much, likely not much change of €500.

www.carcraft.ie

Sorry for bit of out of thread question:
    Would that service fit non oem parts too? for example if I want a fender from different model but it's too long, would they be able to cut it, and finish it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Some reference points for you :

Audi Sandyford repair bill for fixing the small paint blemish in attached image - €630. Needed to respary whole bumper - yada yada
    Carcraft Ballybough repair bill for fixing same - €210

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Kace wrote: »
    Some reference points for you :

Audi Sandyford repair bill for fixing the small paint blemish in attached image - €630. Needed to respary whole bumper - yada yada
    Carcraft Ballybough repair bill for fixing same - €210

I can't recommend Fitzwilliam Garage just off Baggot Street enough. Very reasonably priced and have done a fair bit of work for me over the years from alloy refurbs to bumper sprays.
    They resprayed a bumper for me recently (just fyi paint only no repairs or filler needed) for €100 and the work is flawless.
    www.fitzwilliamgarage.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and the recommendations. Wow, I really hope it doesn't cost over €200... I'm going to shop around a bit.

Advertisement