Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis, do you move your racket back when striking the ball?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

back then forward to strike? Hi by the way just started beginners tennis lessons. Am awful but hopeful I can improve. I'd appreciate feedback.
    Thanks
    K

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

Your backswing is one of the most important parts of each shot you play.

Similar to golf, having a consistent, stable swing is key to having a consistent game.

As above, you can watch videos of pro's to see how far back they take the racket, where they hit the ball relative to their body, and their weight transfer.

Getting into position is key beforehand. As a beginner, I'd concentrate on footwork, timing your swing/contact and impact point.

Coaching is invaluable at early stages in tennis - ensure you get the techniques right first time and addresses any bad habits you might pick up.

Advertisement