Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working and signing on

Options
  • 17-06-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭

I've been in receipt of Unemployment Benefit for around 10 months and recently took up work as a self-employed contractor for a services company. I haven't signed off as I'm unsure what will happen if I tell the social welfare that I'm working as self-employed. Will I lose all entitlements to future benefits?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭fabvinny

I think if you tell them that you are just after starting up your own gig,there is a scheme where you can draw full benefit for so long,then three quarters,and then half before you sign off fully. Might not still be there,but there was something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

fabvinny wrote: »
    I think if you tell them that you are just after starting up your own gig,there is a scheme where you can draw full benefit for so long,then three quarters,and then half before you sign off fully. Might not still be there,but there was something like that

Yes...there used to be...but as far as I know that was for people who were on long-term UA or jobseekers allowance, I'm only on benefit - I'm out of work 18 months but 8 of them I was on a Fás course. Do the socual welfare have an information service or does anyone know who I can ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

Try your local Citizens Information office for further info if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Enterprise-Allowance-Self-Employed.aspx

Try your local Citizens Information office for further info if needed.

Thanks for the link....

Advertisement