Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows & Doors - What to go for

Options
  • 17-06-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    We are doing major renovations on a 20 year old house.
    We're replacing all windows and doors, major insulation, HRV etc.
    Wanted to start a new thread on Windows and Doors recommendations first off, as when I do a search I find threads from a couple years back.
    There may have been some improvements by then.
    So we are being advised to go grade 6 (I hear it's all about the gasket) triple glazing windows with composite door.
    We are interested in security and keeping heat in obviously.
    We have one roof light and going aluminium for sure with this.

Any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Please take the following part of the charter into account when posting in reply to the above

3.0 Naming of companies , bodies , individuals , products or services

3.(a) With the exception of large, national or multi-national businesses who really don’t need the free advertising , posts naming specific companies/traders and/or their products are discouraged and may be deleted and the poster warned or banned or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CrazyB

I wasn't looking for names of suppliers just recommendations on PVC versus Aluclad versus Aluminium windows & doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Thank you, your opening post wasn't clear.

Advertisement