Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Buy a cheap Trowel (Dublin)

Options
  • 17-06-2013 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone know a place that sells 4 inch (or even 5 inch) Trowels cheap in Dublin, I already know McQuilans on Capel street sells them but I'm not really that willing to spend another 23 euro as I'l probably loose it as quick again :( and the job I have lined up is only a week anyway.

ps time dependent so can't buy online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

An archeologist without a trowel well that must be a first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Haha well just finished up 10 weeks work where I barely needed it at all (archeology by the metric tonne! :( ). But seriously 23 quid is a ridiculous price for 4 inches of steel!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Tkmaxx. Seriously. Sounds like messing, but if you're in Dublin the homeware dept upstairs in carrickmines has loads of cheap garden stuff. I'd say there's very little difference between a garden trowel and an archaeology one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

endacl wrote: »
    Tkmaxx. Seriously. Sounds like messing, but if you're in Dublin the homeware dept upstairs in carrickmines has loads of cheap garden stuff. I'd say there's very little difference between a garden trowel and an archaeology one!

Cheers I'l give that a look, using one thats too big does screw your wrist if your using it for a while though but as I said only have a week lined up (ironically I also have a big trowel I cut down to size with an angle grinder that I left in parents shed :( )

• Advertisement

Ok for anyone thats interested they sell 4 inch pointers in Lenihans on Capel Street, they seem way worse quality than a WHS one but they are only 5 euro.

kleefarr wrote: »

Haha I think I'd get some strange looks if I turned up with just that (though Polish guy I worked with that had his own big box of gear did bring one of those onto site)

Ps if your not taking the mickey and don;t know, an archaeology trowel is a small pointing trowel

Ah, ok. Didn't know you had a particular type in mind. ;)

Advertisement