Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi grant refused - incorrect income on their letter :0

Options
  • 17-06-2013 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

My son has been refused his grant on the grounds that we exceed the income limit which is completely untrue.

We put a total of €31,744.85 on our reckonable income on the online form and have the p60s to prove exactly that.

Yet on their letter of refusal they state that our reckonable income is €63,489 which happens to be exactly double the figure that we entered on the form!! I wish to God that this was the case but it seems to be an error on their part - please please help.

My son will not get to college if we don't get this grant...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

On the application form, did you perhaps put the figure of €31K on both parents income, or did you enter their incomes separately.

It's worth going over the copy of the application you made, they send a copy of it to the email address you used to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Thanks MarkyMark22

Yes, we've looked at the information on the form that we submitted and it is exactly right - I have a printed copy. I don't understand how this could have happened, upset and stressed are too mild to put on this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

http://www.susi.ie/Appeals.aspx

Ask them to perform a "Further Review". If, as you say, they've incorrectly assessed your income by basically counting your household income twice, you should have no problem passing a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

I emailed Susi and they've said we have to lodge an appeal. I was sure that as soon as they looked at it they'd see how straightforward a mistake this is on their part. I'm freaking out here, how long will we have to wait for another decision - letter going by registered post today...

Advertisement