Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Branch Closure - question about account details

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

My branch was 94 O'Connell St., which was merged with 125 O'Connell St., but I need to know what will happen to an incoming payment where the payee has my old account details, i.e. sort code/iban etc.

Will the payment automatically switch or do I need to let them know the new branch details?  I never informed the payee because we were advised in the last correspondence from BOI that nothing has changed and to carry on as normal.

Can someone please advise because if this is the case I need to get onto the payee ASAP so as to avoid any unnecessary charges.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Mollywolly, 
    Thanks for your post. 

As your branch has merged with 125 O'Connell Street, the 94 O'Connell Street account details that you have provided to your payee will work.

125 O'Connel Street has a different sort code (904309) so please use this from now on.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks for getting back to me Billy.

I'm still a bit confused because on the one hand you're saying everything will be alright and I don't need to do anything, yet on the other hand you're saying that I need to use the new sort code from now on.

Should I be letting the sender of the payment know the new sort code/IBAN so that it comes into my account properly?  Sorry to labour the point, but I should have this payment by now and I'm a bit concerned that it's floating around the system somewhere!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Mollywolly, 

Sorry if I wasn't clearer in my earlier response. 

You don't need to change any of the details that you have already given to your payee. 
    The work that is done when a branch merges with another, is done in the background by BOI so there is no impact on customer accounts. 

You caould call 125 O'Connell St. and who can advise if the funds are waiting to be transferred to your account. 
    You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks again.  Now I understand and I've been in touch with 125 O'Connell Street and there are no payments waiting to go into the account, so I'll double check with the sender.

Molly

Advertisement