Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I qualify for a college grant?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I love In palmerstown and I go to st Mary's secondary school, I have a medical card and my mam makes about 4 grand a year working in a canteen for a school, we get single parent family payments from social welfare and I live with my nanny and grandad as they own the house, they each make between 40-50 grand per year but they do not provide money for me or my mam so does anyone know if I qualify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

I love In palmerstown and I go to st Mary's secondary school, I have a medical card and my mam makes about 4 grand a year working in a canteen for a school, we get single parent family payments from social welfare and I live with my nanny and grandad as they own the house, they each make between 40-50 grand per year but they do not provide money for me or my mam so does anyone know if I qualify?

Well judging by some other threads on here, people who live with their grandparents still get judged on their parents income. Even if they haven't lived with them for decades etc.

So I don't see why they would then judge you on your grandparents income if they're not willing to judge others on their grandparents income regardless if they have always lived with them or not.

I can't be sure. So don't take my word for it. Maybe someone else could help better or you could contact SUSI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi Shaunajj2013,

You need to fill out the application to include the people who are your legal guardians and who you depend on financially. This would just be your parents.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to private mail me if you would like further help.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Advertisement