Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time Fire Brigade Letter

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Please, if anyone knows what this means:

"I refer to your application for the position of Part-Time Fire Brigade Personnel-Recruit (...). I wish to inform you that you have been placed 7th on the panel (...).
    If/when we are in a position to offer you employment during the lifetime of the panel we will contact you again. Any offer of employment will be subject to the following conditions:-
    1. Recruits Training.
    2. Medical.
    3. Breathing Apparatus Wearers Course.
    4. Certification I can attend drills, fires, etc."

I just wonder what panel lifetime means and if the conditions will have to be done in the meantime if it is to happen.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The lifetime of a panel is the length of time the panel may exist. For example if a panel has a two year lifetime, after two years are up the panel is discarded and those remaining on the panel will not be offered employment.

The conditions listed are those conditions you will commit to should you be successful in being offered employment. For example you will commit to and agree to undergo a medical examination, you will commit to recruit training etc.

Well done on securing a place on the panel and the best of luck.

Advertisement