Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Insulation

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Just wondering do any know know about getting your Attic Insulation done for free if you are on Social Welfare / the exchange

My mother and Father are both old age pensioners and was wondering where can i go and get this done for them ?

a person around the area is on the exchange and is getting his attic done for "free".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Cork24 wrote: »
    Just wondering do any know know about getting your Attic Insulation done for free if you are on Social Welfare / the exchange

My mother and Father are both old age pensioners and was wondering where can i go and get this done for them ?

a person around the area is on the exchange and is getting his attic done for "free".

wasn't aware it was possible to get it done for free - there are partial grants available. have a look at seai.ie for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

If their owner occupiers and in receipt of either the National Fuel Allowance/Job Seekers Allowance or Family Income support then they should be eligible for the Better Energy Warmer Homes Scheme.
    The service involves the installation of standard energy efficiency measures appropriate to the eligible household subject to SEAI survey, budget allocation and available capacity. The service is provided at no cost to the household and the measures currently available under this scheme are:
    • Attic insulation.
    • Draught proofing.
    • Lagging jackets.
    • Low energy light bulbs.
    • Cavity wall insulation.
    • Energy advice.

http://www.seai.ie/Grants/Warmer_Homes_Scheme/About_the_BEWH.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Thanks for that ill check out that scheme..

Advertisement