Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snes Super Mario All-stars Game

Options
  • 17-06-2013 12:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hey folk, thought this might be the best place to ask this.
    I have Snes Super Mario All-stars Game in the same condition as the one listed here:
    Would I be able to get a similar price for mine or is that a crazy price to be asking.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hi,

Take a look at ebay for more realistic pricing. As the saying goes, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

LoGiE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,869 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. The fact that it's not sold tells you everything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Clarebelly wrote: »
    I have Snes Super Mario All-stars Game in the same condition as the one listed here: http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/snes-super-mario-all-stars-new-game/3260611
    Would I be able to get a similar price for mine or is that a crazy price to be asking.

The one in the ad you linked to is worth about €40/€50 max, there's plenty on ebay that are complete in box for around that money. Despite the sellers claims, the one in the ad is not new, it's not sealed & therefore is worth nowhere near the asking price of €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Clarebelly wrote: »
    I have Snes Super Mario All-stars Game in the same condition as the one listed here: http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/snes-super-mario-all-stars-new-game/3260611

The seller said....... "brand new unopened on ebay they are €470, even if mine turns out not to be new, it is still a fair price for it at €200"

Ignorant or chancing their arm?
    Nice bit of trolling on the ad as well.

In the comments is this link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snes-Sealed-Super-Mario-All-Stars-/290931933304

are they really that common?

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    In the comments is this link
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snes-Sealed-Super-Mario-All-Stars-/290931933304

are they really that common?

There's a few CIB ones on ebay for €40/€50. Sealed ones will obviously be worth a few quid, but as per the adverts one which isn't sealed, it's not worth all that much

New post......... http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/snes-super-mario-all-stars-new-game/3260611
    CowboyDreams asked a question 17/06/2013 5:41 pm (1 minute ago): Would you sell for 120?

gothicgaelicgirl says 17/06/2013 5:42 pm (7 seconds ago): too low I'm afraid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Bit of Trolling on my part :D Couldn't resist.

Bit of Trolling on my part :D Couldn't resist.

Ya little scut. :pac:

I'd bust my hole if she accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

35 euro would be a fair price I'd say in that condition, not really sought after

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is it the same one? both live in Newbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

That is just ridiculous, hope it isn't the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Is it the same one? both live in Newbridge

first one seems to have the black seal intact, the new one doesnt, so I think they're actually two different ones.
    think there's some sort of idiot flu going around in Newbridge, you'd better be careful not to catch it.

"Postage included in price"............... What a gent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

mikom wrote: »
    "Postage included in price"............... What a gent.

It's a ridiculous price for it, a game that, unboxed, is lucky to make €15.
    Great game though, I have it as well as the edition that includes SMW, now if you can find that boxed it's worth some money, or so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's a ridiculous price for it, a game that, unboxed, is lucky to make €15.
    Great game though, I have it as well as the edition that includes SMW, now if you can find that boxed it's worth some money, or so I'm told.

still nowhere near these mad prices. Those two aren't even in good condition. WTF like?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    as the edition that includes SMW, now if you can find that boxed it's worth some money, or so I'm told.

Wasn't that version a pack in game that never actually came in a box?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, it was released as a stand alone game, according to the ever accurate Wiki, and afaik it is worth a couple of quid.
    Not €300/400 money but a few bob, if in it's box.
    Not sure if it's in a crappy, open plastic sleeve, with the seal broken, probably a little easier on the pocket then :rolleyes:
    here's a comparison of the boxes
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQObq5jwLN_xrvVnwEBbupHt8OA7hIMxKhWfNG7pRYlFkBkltFC

Ah, I always thought that version was solely a pack-in game. Does the NTSC-U version come boxed too?
    Would you sell for €120?
    Too low I'm afraid

As funny as a spot of trolling can be, this is the kind of example where sellers get it in their head that the actual value of their item is far higher than it is in truth. And right on cue on the other ad...
    sluddsie wrote:
    @wmcwmc82 another user on here sellin for 200 and doesnt know if its new or not turn down 120,tink il hold out but thanks for the heads up

• Advertisement

I reckon its the same person. If you look on the bottom right of the box on both ads there is an indent, which is the same on both.

I reckon its the same person. If you look on the bottom right of the box on both ads there is an indent, which is the same on both.

yep brother and sister I'd say.
    Making the 200 quid one look like a deal :rolleyes:

I'm going to close this thread now, don't like the coincidence of a thread asking the value as a way to drum up business.
    Even if not, I think the points been made that the ads for an unsealed Mario Allstars are dreadfully overpriced and indicative of a crude attempt to manipulate some gobsh1te into parting with their money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement