Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility to get mortgages for German Resident?

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am interested in buying a property in Ireland, but German banks accept German properties for surety only.

If you alternative accept other sureties (e.g. life insurance, very good credit worthyness/positive credit report by my home bank), I am looking forward to your feedback.

Or do you have any other suggestions, i.e. a German partner bank or something?

I thought, we are a united Europe ;)

Thank you in advance.

Best,
    Marc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi German Marc

You don’t mention whether you are resident in Ireland.

Mortgages are given on a case by case basis. You would needto contact a branch and make an appointment to speak to them before you can make an application.

You can locate a branch of your choice via this website link

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

Thanks for posting.

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GermanMarc

Hi German Marc

You don’t mention whether you are resident in Ireland.

Mortgages are given on a case by case basis. You would needto contact a branch and make an appointment to speak to them before you can make an application.

You can locate a branch of your choice via this website link

http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/help-centre/branch-locator/

Thanks for posting.

Paula H
    Dear Paula,

That sounds good! But there is another possibility (mail, phone) to consider in advance, if my application has a chance, at least a trend? For otherwise I'd possibly fly to Ireland in vain ...

Thank you.
    Marc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Marc

It is not possible to apply for a Mortgage by phone or mail.  

Any branch, however, will be able to advise you fully and clarify whether you can apply based on your circumstances.

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement