Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent supplement ceiling changes from 17 June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Laughed when I saw that a couple with three kids have to find a place in Monaghan for less than €450 a month. That's shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh my God, will this ever end?

I was on Rent Allowance and every year it was reduced; it was virtually impossible to find anywhere. Luckily my LL dropped his rent but I see now in Wicklow it's going to be €450 for a couple.

I dare anyone to try and find a place in Wicklow, especially West Wicklow, for that price.

It's a joke and I feel so sorry for people on RA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

fussyonion wrote: »
    Oh my God, will this ever end?

I was on Rent Allowance and every year it was reduced; it was virtually impossible to find anywhere. Luckily my LL dropped his rent but I see now in Wicklow it's going to be €450 for a couple.

I dare anyone to try and find a place in Wicklow, especially West Wicklow, for that price.

It's a joke and I feel so sorry for people on RA.

Myself and OH were considering it while waiting on him to find employment. But even flats in my area don't come under the €350 per month limit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

How come the limits are different for a single person/couple with no children if they both require a 1 bed place?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement