Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Vitreous" by O Emperor

Options
  • 17-06-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Can't seem to find a thread about Waterford band, O Emperor's new album, Vitreous, which was released over the weekend. I do think they're one of Ireland's lesser appreciated gems and the new album is every bit as good as their debut, Hither Thither, which was released in late-2010.

They have a great sound; I'd describe them as having a sort of Beatles-Pink Floyd-Radiohead sound and their live shows are incredible.

I think the Vitreous is very much in the same vein as their first album. It has a similar sound throughout but it equally showcases their versatility and desire to experiment with some newer edgier stuff.

Holy Fool, Contact and This Is It would be the tracks that stand out for me. I'd recommend trying to catch one of their live shows over the coming months.

Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement