Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon Tickets

Options
  • 17-06-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just taking a chance here but does anyone know of how I could get two tickets for the first day of Wimbledon.
    My wife and I are flying out of London on Monday evening and would love to catch a couple of hours of Wimbledon if it was at all possible.
    We couldn't queue for hours on the early hours of Monday morning so I don't know if there is any other way.
    I have heard that some tickets go on resale during the day for any tickets handed back by anyone that was just in in the morning. I wondered if there was anyway that people would offer tickets to people to use in the morning if they could only make it later in the day. A lot of thrust needed in relation to this I suppose.
    Are Tennis Ireland an option ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

If ye don't want to queue Monday morning, check ticketmaster.co.uk the night before. Extra tickets are sold there.
    Resale tickets are sold from 2/3 in the afternoon and you have to be already on the grounds to get them.
    Tickets are non-transferable so swapping tickets with someone in the morning is not an option. Best bet would be the Ticketmaster route.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not sure If they still do this, but in the evenings they used to sell ground tickets. They would admit you into the grounds its self, and to all the outside courts. ie Not Centre, One, and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I think that depends on if Wimbledon has reached capacity. Then it's on a one-out, one-in basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Loads of empty seats around Wimbledon again today despite record queues outside for tickets.
    This whole queue thing is an artificial thing to generate hype .
    I was looking to get Olympic tennis tickets last year and each day was supposedly sold out despite there being hardly anyone actually at it.

I was at Flushing Meadows a few years ago and I had no bother getting a grounds pass there on the day ,I was able to roam around the outside courts for $30 .
    I also got tickets for Arthur Ashe court easily enough .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

When does the ballot open for next year and how exactly does it work?

Is it only for show court tickets, or can you get grounds passes on it too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,602 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

When does the ballot open for next year and how exactly does it work?

Is it only for show court tickets, or can you get grounds passes on it too?

It opens Aug 1 .
    To obtain an application form you send in a stamped, self-addressed envelope and then return the application form before Dec 31st.
    Its for Centre, No.1, No.2 or No.3 Court
    All the info is here
    http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/tickets/201205091336562669724.html

Advertisement