Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Cycling, Any advice?

Options
  • 16-06-2013 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey,
    I'm in my teens and have the summer off and wanted to get into something new, was thinking of cycling for the fitness. I haven't done much cycling before, just short cycles to gaelic training ect. I have a hybrid bike which I got 2 years ago but havent used much. The last few days I've taken the bike out for short 5/6 km cycles to get into it.
    I want to start road cycling instead of mountain biking and eventually into racing in the next year or two,
    Does anybody have any advice on getting into cycling, any equipment ect. that I should buy or what I should know before starting? All tips appreciated :) Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Miles under your belt ,Miles under your belt ,Miles under your belt , and then more miles under your belt including hills long steep hills and after all that you will feel a million bucks .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

A good bike set up to suit your size , shoes and cleats , and as said miles and miles .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I would disagree with the miles under the belt, training should be quality not quantity, too much training and you won't recover properly. It still does require a lot of miles though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement