Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eatery 120 is closed.

Options
  • 16-06-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've never posted on any board before. But I think it's only right to mark the passing of Eatery120. I've been there every weekend for breakfast since they opened. 1st customer in the door on a Sunday morning and usual window seat. It had become an important part of my routine. I just parked outside this morning as usual and the chairs still stacked on tables, lights off and a note on the window thanking customers and staff. I'm writing this from another brunch establishment in ranelagh. Everything here falls well below what was delivered in Eatery 120. The staff in Eatery were great and relaxed and happy it seemed. The coffee was perfect, the breakfast was always amazing. The music always sublime. As I said I've never posted anything on a message board before. But I wanted to write something somewhere and maybe someone who had the same experience there or who worked there might see the post and know that it really was a special place.
    I really hope all of the staff have found something else rewarding.
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Was very sorry to hear it closed. Used to go quite regularly for brunch also. A real shame . I always thought they were doing well, as it was always pretty busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm surprised they're gone. Always had good experiences there - good food and reasonably priced given the high quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Sorry to hear about it.

I can empathise with the attachment you can get for a place. If Simons Place ever closes down i'm just going to emigrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

it is a shame - no doubt about that.

was it due to the rent being too high or the owners just wanting out?

either way, I doubt the unit will be empty for long given its location.

Advertisement