Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on Grant Application slightly wrong?

Options
  • 15-06-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, when I was filling out the grant application online I simply asked my mother how much she earns a week and multiplied it by 52.

However, when her tax forms came in the post she earnt about €800 more than I calculated due to overtime etc. even taking the €800 into account I'd still be way under the reckonable income limits..

I should also add that I'm applying for a fee grant only, so it won't effect what band of grant I would fall under.

I'm just wondering will this miscalculation have any effect on my application? I.e will SUSI see it as me giving wrong information and disqualify the application?

Thanks for any help..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ColetteC

I did the same thing- I just emailed them saying what I had left out. Then I rang the help desk to confirm that they had seen the email. The man on the phone said it should be grand but for some reason I don't trust the SUSI system, I keep expecting the application to be cancelled any day now :/

Having said that, if they do cancel it it is still early enough to start the process again or appeal it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hey guys, when I was filling out the grant application online I simply asked my mother how much she earns a week and multiplied it by 52.

However, when her tax forms came in the post she earnt about €800 more than I calculated due to overtime etc. even taking the €800 into account I'd still be way under the reckonable income limits..

I should also add that I'm applying for a fee grant only, so it won't effect what band of grant I would fall under.

I'm just wondering will this miscalculation have any effect on my application? I.e will SUSI see it as me giving wrong information and disqualify the application?

Thanks for any help..

Hi MarkMark22,

You will need to alert us to this change of information. In order to do this you can e-mail us at support@susi.cdvec.ie with the correct information.

We do allow for estimated figures to be entered on the application form. There is no need to panic as your application will not be cancelled due to this error.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again. The option to private mail us is also available.

Kind regards,
    Fiona,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

SuSi: Reps wrote: »

Hi MarkMark22,

You will need to alert us to this change of information. In order to do this you can e-mail us at support@susi.cdvec.ie with the correct information.

We do allow for estimated figures to be entered on the application form. There is no need to panic as your application will not be cancelled due to this error.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us again. The option to private mail us is also available.

Kind regards,
    Fiona,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Hey Fiona, if the information would have no effect on my grant application do I still need to contact susi?

For instance, The difference on my mams P60 was only €800 to the income I put on the application form. I'm just applying for a fee grant and by my calculation my reckonable income would still be about €10K under the limits given.

Due to the fact I'm only applying for a fee grant it wouldn't effect what level of grant I'm entitled to as I don't want the maintainence part of a grant.

Thanks for your reply and help, really appreciate it.

Just also to clear up any confusion,

My mam did not earn €800 on top of what is stated on her P60. She earned €800 more than what I put on the application form.

So the information on the documents I supplied to Susi would be accurate, the information I supplied on the application form is €800 less than what she actually earns.

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SuSi: Reps

Hi MarkyMark22,

It is up to you wether you alert SuSi to this Change of Information. We do advise you send the email as this ensures transparency on your application.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

• Advertisement

SuSi: Reps wrote: »
    Hi MarkyMark22,

It is up to you wether you alert SuSi to this Change of Information. We do advise you send the email as this ensures transparency on your application.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Aoife,
    SuSi HelpDesk.

Great, I'll email them later this afternoon.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Advertisement