Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help.....

Options
  • 15-06-2013 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I currently live in Northern Ireland and I have just completed my A-Levels. I have recently gotten a place in Portobello Institute in Dublin for Level 5 FETAC in Sports Science:
    http://www.portobelloinstitute.ie/sports-therapy/sports-courses/sports-science-certificate-full-time

I filled in my Student Finance NI forms in April as I need some financial help with the cost of the fee and living costs for moving to Dublin as I am from a low income family but I got rejected on the grounds that the NI Student finance no longer support students going to the ROI and that they used to only support people up to a level 3. I also was rejected as well because of Portobello being a private institute.

So I am wondering is there any financial aid available? or can anyone give me any advice of what to do!

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Any grants in Ireland are only available to people living in the republic for three of the last five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

GarIT wrote: »
    Any grants in Ireland are only available to people living in the republic for three of the last five years.

I am almost certain people living in Northern Ireland have access to student grants here too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement