Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weddnig album printed?

Options
  • 15-06-2013 6:10pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just went to a wedding and they did not have an official photographer, so I brought my camera and took a few pix around the place - and set up a few with the bride and groom and all the guests. I want to get it make into a wedding album, something better than just the standard photo book. Anyone have any ideas? I know these things can cost a fortune, this I'm giving them in addition to their wedding present - I want it to be nice but cant go overboard.

Can anyone suggest what might be suitable?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zascar wrote: »
    I just went to a wedding and they did not have an official photographer, so I brought my camera and took a few pix around the place - and set up a few with the bride and groom and all the guests. I want to get it make into a wedding album, something better than just the standard photo book. Anyone have any ideas? I know these things can cost a fortune, this I'm giving them in addition to their wedding present - I want it to be nice but cant go overboard.

Can anyone suggest what might be suitable?
    Thanks

did a quick search on amazon who have some nice ones at a reasonable price. maybe try there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

A few ideas;

Graphistudio gets you the whole hog. Pricey but brilliant.

For a traditional album (or an alternate digital album) try the folks at http://www.photovalue.com/

For a good quality photobook, try Shakespeare in Waterford (Boards book quality). Pretty decent. I've done a few/ pleased with the results/ would happily go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭arcius

If you want something better than just a photobook try snapfish.ie (you can also get photobooks and a lot other different stuff as well). I got photo book with heavy-weight photographic paper. Absolutely brilliant. And prices are low. For 26 pages 30cm by 30 cm I paid around 55 euros with shipping. This is an example and make attention to how thick are pages: http://www.snapfish.ie/snapfishie/offlinephotobooks/booktype=OMB30x30/covertype=HRD

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Cameraman

You can also have a look at :

http://www.mypublisher.com/
    http://www.blurb.com/

The problem with all these online book printers is that they can sometimes be a bit inconsistent with colours and print brightness. Most people seem happy enough with them though for the prices they charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

there was a deal on few months back with Groupon for this album - thought it was very nice for wedding Album
    A4 Crsytal Deluxe Album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I'd say the milk photobook or something from artifact uprising will be eleventymillion times nicer than your average photobook, and they aren't a whole lot spendier. I got one of the original Milk+Moleskine photobooks and while I love it, it wasn't quite up to scratch for a wedding but I'm about to order the new version with the nicer paper and even without having done that yet I'd spend my money there first. Probably talking €50-60 depending on how big and how many pages.

Having said that I got a photobook from http://www.myphotobook.ie/ with a voucher and I thought it was better quality than the blurb one i previously had. But other people have been delighted with Blurb (and I've seen their books and they were nicer than mine, wtf) so I think it's a lottery depending on which printer they subcontract it out to...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Used myphotobook before as well and the quality was by faaaar better than Milk books. Downside was they couldn't etch on leather cover.
    I will never use Milk again (got as Living Social voucher). The leather and paper was lovely but the photo print quality was atrocious - unless the colours were light or vivid everything faded into one dark colour and was shiny from the dark toner of the printer. It was as if they used regular household printer for the photos.

I think if you want professional looking album, a standard photobook may not be the way to go. Personally looking into finding something for our wedding photo album as well, even if it's expensive, it's bound to be cheaper than what professional photographers quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Loxly all the way or blurb. Really depends on budget.. Blurb can be pretty good and loxly just sell nicer albums there printings a little bit better IMO .

The quickest and one of the cheapest ways would be snapfish.ie. Books with hard pages you re looking for in snapfish and most other webpages are called Photographic Paper Photo Books. In snapfish you have to download a program which then needs to be used to create and design your photobook. So you create everything on your own from covers, to design, texts etc. At the end you pay depending on size and quantity of pages. it takes around 5 days to deliver to your door (in Ireland). And as I said if you choose photographic paper photo book it will be thick pages similar to cardboard :) I use them very often and happy with them. Just do not forget that pictures in your photobook will be slightly darker than it looks on the screen. And it's not because of bad quality etc. It's just the way it is in any printing company. That's one of the reasons why most wedding photographers recommend order photo albums from them as before they print they increase exposure slightly and pictures looks the same way as when looking on the PC screen. Any questions just ask ;) here is the link and do not forget to choose PHOTO PAPER BOOK: http://www.snapfish.ie/snapfishie/photobook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

photobook on groupon doing 60 pages hardcover. book for 20 euro

photobook on groupon doing 60 pages hardcover. book for 20 euro
    soft pages ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

arcius wrote: »
    The quickest and one of the cheapest ways would be snapfish.ie. Books with hard pages you re looking for in snapfish and most other webpages are called Photographic Paper Photo Books. In snapfish you have to download a program which then needs to be used to create and design your photobook. So you create everything on your own from covers, to design, texts etc. At the end you pay depending on size and quantity of pages. it takes around 5 days to deliver to your door (in Ireland). And as I said if you choose photographic paper photo book it will be thick pages similar to cardboard :) I use them very often and happy with them. Just do not forget that pictures in your photobook will be slightly darker than it looks on the screen. And it's not because of bad quality etc. It's just the way it is in any printing company. That's one of the reasons why most wedding photographers recommend order photo albums from them as before they print they increase exposure slightly and pictures looks the same way as when looking on the PC screen. Any questions just ask ;) here is the link and do not forget to choose PHOTO PAPER BOOK: http://www.snapfish.ie/snapfishie/photobook

Id still go to loxley colour.

Op spend the money get it done right the bride will be over the moon and well its worth it. :)

Snowie wrote: »
    Id still go to loxley colour.

Op spend the money get it done right the bride will be over the moon and well its worth it. :)

I never tried them but after you mentioned loxley I did check their website and tbo I was inpressed. Will defo try them next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

Don't know of the OP is still looking, but Mike Brown, the Clonakilty based photographer, has started into the photobook business. You can see his photobook site at www.mbphotobooks.com. I've gotten a couple off him and the quality of the printing is amazing. It's a different class to other photobooks I've gotten from the likes of photovalue. And you can get a leatherbound photobook for under €80 (I think, definitely under €100).

Advertisement