Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!! 5 dummies going interrailing

Options
  • 15-06-2013 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Just a few queries that id love gang to give advice on...

So theres 5 of us thinking of getting the 5 days travel in 10 days, but were not sure is it great value for us.

How realistic is getting to 4 destinations in 10 days ? we think maybe krakow, prague and then berlin and then flying home from amsterdam. we dont know is it good value for us and wud we be better off paying for the trains as we go and stick to maybe two cities to see them thoroughly as opposed to only half seeing four cities? so just wondering wat people think of the 10 day pass and also what do they think of our route?

Were thinking of going from the 24th of october til november the 3rd... cause of work and college ... we know its not the best time for interrailing but just wondering would there be many people interrailing around this time and if so wat did they think of it?

thanks in advance and anyone around them cities at them dates and wanna go for drinks just let us know :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

It's not very feasible.

4 cities in 10 days - that's 2.5 days each. Sure you could spend a week alone in a city like Berlin! Also moving around is stressful. Getting from A to B, figuring out the metro, finding the right train station and so on. Never mind the time it gets, sure the train from Prague to Berlin alone take 12 hours as far as I remember, and Berlin to Prague must be about the same.

And it will be less busy in October, but you'll still get other travellers about for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dannywhip

thanks that helps a lot.... have you done the 10 day pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

dannywhip wrote: »

How realistic is getting to 4 destinations in 10 days ? we think maybe krakow, prague and then berlin and then flying home from amsterdam. we dont know is it good value for us and wud we be better off paying for the trains as we go and stick to maybe two cities to see them thoroughly as opposed to only half seeing four cities? so just wondering wat people think of the 10 day pass and also what do they think of our route?

We did the 5 days travel in 10 days last year. Flew into Prague, onto Budapest, then Llubjana, then Belgrade and finally onto Sofia and the Black Sea coast for a sun holiday for the last 4/5 days.

If you only wanna do 4 cities you have loads of time. Fly into the first city and stay there for a few days and don't activate your pass till you're leaving. You could spend 4 days in each of the next two cities and then on day 10 of your pass travel to the final city and stay as long as you want and fly home.

Travelling isn't the worse. We took a lot of night trains last year to make the most out of our days. Plus in October/November the temperature will be fine for day time travel as well. Part of the banter we had was on the trains with the other tourists so its not the worst.

I know someone said a few days in a place isn't great but the way I saw it was that if I liked a place i'd come back again properly whenever i had the chance and revisit. 3/4 days will give you a great gut feeling about the place and you can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Seat 61 is a good resource:

www.seat61.com

Advertisement