Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Summer Milkyway over the coast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Those are great shots Novaman considering the badly light polluted skies we have! Can you tell a bit on the hardware/settings used?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Novaman

Hi ZeRoy, no light pollution where I was :D They were taken on the coast of Co Waterford with my Canon 40D, usin a 17mm lens all mounted on my Astrotrac.

Simple set up that can deliver some nice results :)

Thanks,

NM

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Hi Novaman

What was the exposure time/ISO/Aperture ??

And I assume those photos are not post processed. Am I right ?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Super Pics,

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Amazing pictures, of a very picturesque area to begin with. I have often stopped and taken photos there while driving on my way to Cork. I used to drive the long way for that very reason.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, yes nanook5, these are all 90second exposures at ISO 1600 at f4.0 except the one with the small river at bottom where it's only 30 seconds. I have done very little processing on these as I think that these should be as natural looking as possible, I had just brighened them ever so slightly.

And yes Stereo, that coast road is a super place to travel by, there are lots of coves there that are true gems, both day and night :)

NM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Thats why I holiday there every year with my family. The beach at Annestown is my kids favourite place.

And these shots were taken only about a mile from there :)

Novaman wrote: »
    And these shots were taken only about a mile from there :)

For your next challenge...Go back and photo the milky way with Dunleer castle in the foreground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

great pictures well done!!

• Advertisement

Hmm, Dunleer castle sounds good - two things to consider though:

1. Light pollution?
    2. Chances of being shot at by security guards? :D

NM

Ha my mistake I meant Dunhill castle close to annestown!:)

Ah! Dunhill castle...well would you believe that is next on my list all going well :)

NM

Novaman wrote: »
    Ah! Dunhill castle...well would you believe that is next on my list all going well :)

NM
    I look forward to seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 toothfairy123

brilliant pics, well done..

Advertisement