Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dole ID cards

Options
  • 15-06-2013 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

When I signed on the dole last thuesday, They took my photo for an new dole ID card. Does this happen to everyone who signs on now ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

When I signed on the dole last thuesday, They took my photo for an new dole ID card. Does this happen to everyone who signs on now ?

Yea, i have mine over a year now. No need for id when collecting. Great idea really also cuts out people collecting for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,461 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Retina scanning or finger print I'd would be better

ted1 wrote: »
    Retina scanning or finger print I'd would be better

Id rather them not have my finger print thanks. The card with photo is grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭enigmatical

It makes sense as it's a simple and effective way to avoid fraud.

I'd rather see genuine claimants getting a reasonable payment than pressure to cut the dole because of a failure to deal with fraud.

It's also better to just not have an opportunity to allow fraud to occur than to have to investigate and prosecute stuff that was totally avoidable by simple, bog standard security like that photo ID card.

Id rather them not have my finger print thanks. The card with photo is grand

Well the way I see it, is that you have the option of getting free money or not playing by the rules and not getting free money.

Either method suggested by me would save the country loads .

Besides they don't have access to your fingerprint, its encoded in the machine. Plenty of work places have them installed as clock in clock out machines.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Well the way I see it, is that you have the option of getting free money or not playing by the rules and not getting free money.

Either method suggested by me would save the country loads .

Besides they don't have access to your fingerprint, its encoded in the machine. Plenty of work places have them installed as clock in clock out machines.

The id should do the job fine without the need for extra expense.

The way i see it is that i worked for it, and i play by the rules. The system has too many holes and needs serious improvements to be efficient but also air tight to those who choose to scam it.

The ID was a great idea that should have been there from the get go.

The problem with the ID is that to me some people all look the same..

So one person could collect for his 35 friends who have left the state.

ah come off it man i dont know anyone not even my brothers that look like me, you would be hard pushed to get 35 people to look like any one person!

maybe im the milkmans though hahaha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This is not really what we are about.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement