Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund from digiweb

Options
  • 15-06-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

I pay an annual fee to digiweb for my web hosting services but their service is so bad at the moment I need to move to another provider. If I cancel my contract with them, would I be entitled to a refund on some of the yearly fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hard to say without looking at their T&Cs. Have you complained to them about the level of service, so that you have basis for cancellation/refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Yes, I have complained. It's nearly impossible to get to speak to someone and eventually when I did, I was put on hold and ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

kevin65 wrote: »
    Yes, I have complained. It's nearly impossible to get to speak to someone and eventually when I did, I was put on hold and ignored.

They seem to be having plenty of issues recently. I've heard of loads of people moving away from them. I'm not sure how likely a refund is. Best net would be move to a hosting provider than will match your prepaid period. Eg if you have 4 months remaining on your digiweb account they will add 4 months to your hosting order for free

Thanks, didn't think of that. There are some competitive hosting packages out there like HostPapa, so I may just have to take the hit. Better to have a working business email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

kevin65 wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't think of that. There are some competitive hosting packages out there like HostPapa, so I may just have to take the hit. Better to have a working business email account.

Yup. I know Wupav do the move match. They're Irish too. Haven't heard of host papa before. Must take a look.

Do Host papa have servers in Irish datacentres or just their US ones?

• Advertisement

Not sure where their data centres are located. They seem to have a presence in US and Europe. I'll have a look at Wupav also.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Currently on hold to their support for 20 minutes no sign of anybody???? Are they gone to the dogs or what??

Gave up on hold after 50 minutes....... a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 10 donal073

I can identify with you andrewdeerpark, all this year (2013) there have been problems with Digiweb hosted sites, I have 7 sites currently hosted with digiweb and not one of them is running smoothly. This morning I waited 27 minutes to get to speak to support who simply waffled on about win server load issues - engineers currently working on the issue, blah blah blah. It is not acceptable and I am moving even if it means taking the hit on my annual fee which is only 3 months used.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

We have a website and email domain hosted with them and are having intermittent problems for the past few weeks.
    Apparently they are migrating their systems to a shared hosting platform.

While a few days of teething issues might be acceptable, its getting a bit much at this stage.
    Saying that, the frequency of downtimes has reduced over the last few days.

You can see any updates on the status of their service here: http://support.hosting.digiweb.ie/category/currentstatus/

• Advertisement

I eventually got through on one of the sales lines. Its a tactic I use if support lines are jammed. The sales guy saw my logged online support ticket, he emailed a tech guy for me and I got a bit of a response. Still having issues with domain mail. I should note that the sales chap passed a comment to the effect that their were so many logged online tickets support was not bothering to look at them....the company (digiweb) has real technical issues currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,225 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've one customer who has had only patchy access to email all year - interested to know how easy or not others have found it to get refunds before I suggest he looks for something. Not actually seen what, if any, SLA there is in his contract though.

Advertisement