Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers allowance:age and rates

Options
  • 15-06-2013 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello,
    I applied for the job seekers allowance last week. From what I have heard I am not expecting to receive payment anytime soon. I would imagine that it will be August or September before I will hear anything about it. I am 21 years old, but I will turn 22 in the middle of July. The rate for 22-24 year olds is 44 euros more than it is for my current age. Presuming that I am eligible for payment, will this change be applied automatically as soon as I turn 22 or will I have to apply for it to be changed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Given how backwards this country is i'd bet you'd probably have to re-apply but i'd be only guessing i'm afraid:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

It should change automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Whist your waiting you can get a payent via the community welfare officer down at your local health center

Advertisement