Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm confused...

Options
  • 14-06-2013 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a few things that I need to ask about the grant process this year and I'm also having difficulty completing the process online regarding my bank details.

I've recently completed a one year FETAC Level 5 course (I was receiving a grant during this academic year) and now I'm hoping to move onto a two year Higher certificate Level 6 course (different course in another college) therefore I made a new grant application just last month (not renewal because I'm not continuing on the same course).

Yesterday morning I got a letter which included the list of documentation required, but the only documentation that I was asked for was my bank details and to sign a declaration form.

I'm confused as to why I haven't been asked for more documentation, seeing as I've applied for a new grant. Are my previous personal details and documents still on record and still taken into consideration even though I'm not renewing? Was there a mix up with my application or has the grant process itself changed this year?

As for my second and final question, I'd like to know why I'm unable to fill in my bank details on grantsonline.ie? I can log-in to my account, but as soon as I click on Bank Details an error message pops up saying "Your bank account details have already been entered. As previously advised you cannot amend your bank details once submitted." and then I'm redirected back to my home page.

*Note that I am still in receipt of late grant payments until the end of June (28/06/2013), as I have been told via email. Due to the long delay last year I am now receiving payments in arrears.

Does this mean I won't be allowed to enter my bank details for the 2013/2014 grant until I'm no longer receiving payments for the 2012/2013 grant?

I'd appreciate any confirmation/help on this.

Advertisement