Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emirates: transit through Dubai

Options
  • 14-06-2013 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I'm 17 and am going from Dublin to Perth via Dubai. On the way back, the layover is 1 hour and 55 minutes at 5.30 in the morning. Apparently it's really busy at this time. I'm really really freaking out that I'll have no idea where to go or I'll miss my flight. seeing as I've no idea what to do or where to go do you think it's too short a time? I've already booked tickets but I'm still freaking out that I won't be able to find my gate or the transfer desk. Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

have you looked up a plan of the airport etc? and transit times from gate to gate ? would be a good place to start :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

I'm 17 and travelling from Dublin to Perth via Dubai in July. The layover back is 1 hour and 55 mins and I'm freaking out that I'll miss my flight to Dublin. It's at 5.30 in the morning when I arrive at Dubai and I'm so worried it might be too short a time frame as Dubai is apparently busiest at this time of the day. Also I have no idea what to do or where to go. Well I know you go through security, go to transfer desk and then to gate but it's so big I just know I'm going to get lost and possibly miss my flight. PLEASE Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Why you not get a later flight. I know when I tried to book flights with them the longer the layover, the cheaper the flights.

Thank you for replying! Yes I've looked up the map of the airport and I know for definite I'll be travelling through terminal 3 because thats dedicated to Emirates flights. However, with all the different concourses I'm just mind boggled cause I've no idea of which one or anything.

The only other layover time was 9 hours, which then I'd be required to stay overnight in a hotel so I thought best to just get the shorter one..! It's too late to turn back now!

• Advertisement

hank you for replying! Yes I've looked up the map of the airport and I know for definite I'll be travelling through terminal 3 because thats dedicated to Emirates flights. However, with all the different concourses I'm just mind boggled cause I've no idea of which one or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Moved to travel as its not aviation and aircraft related.

You may receive more answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I flew Seoul Dubai - Dubai Dublin with Emirates about 3 weeks ago. Basically I walked off the plane, went straight through security and checked the departures screen. My gate was only a 5 minute walk and the others that were with me had about a 15 minute walk to their gates.

In other words, you should be fine!

I was in the airport at about 4.30 am and it was busy but not packed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

I did the exact same flight last Sunday. I wouldn't be worrying, you'll have plenty of time. The airport is well signposted and as you are transiting you won't have to go through security again. I landed bout 30 min early in dubai at the main terminal 3 and the flight to Dublin was from concourse A. It was a bit of a walk and I needed to get a train to concourse a but it's well signposted. You'll be fine! I actually had too much time. Was getting really bored waiting to board the plane to Dublin.

It's nice to hear you went through the same! How did you know to get the train cause i'm worried I just wont know even that I'll have to do that! although I presume it would be the same route so I'll just know thanks to you! Was your layover also 2 hours?

• Advertisement

oh also, did you pick up your boarding pass in Dubai or did they give it to you at Perth for the return?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭woodzie

I got my 2 boarding cards in Perth and my bags were checked through the whole way to Dublin. I just checked which gate to go to when I landed in dubai and followed the signs for concourse a. When you follow it you'll eventually get to a train station which takes you to the concourse.

I just remembered you actually do have to go through security in dubai when you land.

The boarding gates may change so you mightn't have to go through concourse a. Just check the screens when you land in dubai.

Great, Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Its no problem, have done that flight many times.

As said already make sure your bags are checked all the way through and you already have your boarding passes. They will make sure you board otherwise they will have to remove your bag from the flight to Ireland!

If for any reason your flight is delayed into Dubai (As happened to us last Nov) then they will put you up in a good hotel until the next day. Suited us fine, a 'jetlag free' trip home!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

As your flight is coming in to land they'll put the gate you need to get to on the screen in the plane. IF they don't put your one up, just go into the terminal and find your gate number.

Then just follow the signs to that number. They've loads of people to help you out if you can't find the number.

Advertisement