Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about Respite Grant cheque

Options
  • 14-06-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering if you might advise me.

I am a Carer and I receive the Respite Grant every year.

However, this year I have not yet received it.
    I'm not sure if it's because they haven't been issued yet or if it's because I forgot to inform them of my change of address. (Stupid, I know but I did.)

What I'm wondering is...if the cheque was sent to my previous address, can I call Carer's and ask for another to be issued?

I don't live anywhere near my old address and I don't have any contact with that Landlord or his new tenant.

I'm really worried about this and I know it's my fault because I should have informed them of my new address but with all the faff of moving, and all the people I had to tell, Carer's completely slipped my mind.

I'm just concerned about the cheque if it WAS sent to my old address and can I be issued a new one?

Sorry for the long-winded post but just a little on edge.

Has this happened to anyone? Lost a cheque or anything? Any problem getting a new one sent to you?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can call into your local sw office and get your address changed on the system, you will need to bring in tenancy agreement or recent utility bill as proof of address. They should be able to see on the system if a cheque has been issued to the old address. I am presuming your carers is paid into you bank account. Do carers not pay the respite care into your account as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

eastbono wrote: »
    You can call into your local sw office and get your address changed on the system, you will need to bring in tenancy agreement or recent utility bill as proof of address. They should be able to see on the system if a cheque has been issued to the old address. I am presuming your carers is paid into you bank account. Do carers not pay the respite care into your account as well?

My Carer's Allowance is paid weekly into my bank account but the Respite Grant cheque is always posted.
    I'll call them Monday..just hope it's not a problem to have another cheque sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Well if they have sent out the cheque and it hasnt been returned you will probably have to sign an indemnity form and they will have to confirm that the cheque wasnt cashed.

Advertisement