Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare woes

Options
  • 14-06-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all

Not entirely sure as to whether this is the right forum for this thread, but I wanted to go unreg.

So basically, I'm trying to claim job seekers allowance. I finished my last stint of employment mid April and lodged my initial claim with SW office in the first week in may once I received my p45, etc.

Since that time I have been called to go into the the SW office 4 times!!! First one to get an app to see another person, second time to meet this person and give them forms, then I received correspondence in the post to bring in bank statements, rent receipts and more forms - so I went in again a third time with all these documents and the administrator photocopied them and said I'd receive a letter to say when I can claim. I then got another letter earlier this week to bring in the same forms as the previous week and meet an inspector for an an appointment in 2 weeks time!!!

Longwinded paragraph, but seriously, wtf!!! Why do the staff keep telling that I will be able to claim soon, when they keep sending letters to come back in with the same documents??
    My claim has been ongoing since the start of may and here I am in mid June, not a penny to my name, and no indication as to whether I am eligible or not.

I claimed SW before for a few months in 2011 and as far as I can recall, I just had two meetings. Is 4 meetings standard procedure? Because I can't see how it is efficient!

Sorry for the rant but would love if someone could enlighten me on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like you are claiming JSA this time, maybe it was JSB last time?

Go to the CWO and get a weekly payment, that seems to slightly get things moving. Have you looked at the sticky to see what the waiting time is in you area? Also its now holiday time in the SW office so things could be running even more behind.

Advertisement