Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carer's Allowance to JSA

Options
  • 14-06-2013 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there, I would appreciate a bit of advice on my situation please guys.

I'm 30 years old, full time carer to my disabled Dad for the past four years and I'm currently in receipt of Carer's Allowance. Unfortuantely, due to my fathers deteriorating condition and increasing special needs, I have had to make the hardest decision of my life to put him into full time residential care.

Long story short, I went through the whole process over the past couple of months and he is getting a place within the next four weeks in a nearby nursing home. I'm dreading the day but I know it has to be done as I simply cannot manage, anyway, one thing I (stupidly) never thought of was what happens when I cease to be a full time carer benefit wise. I've never received any other benefit in my life other than the carers so I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Do I just go down to my local social welfare office and they can sort it out for me?

I would appreciate any advice given guy. cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Yes when the time comes call into your local office and start a claim for JSA.

Advertisement