Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new claim,(dole) joke

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Bit of a rant coming up

First off, Im working part time, maybe five hours a week so im on x,s and o,s but dole will still take a full days pay off me even if i only work three hours in one day,but i have gotten used to that over time.

Last january I decided to do a fas coarse witch started on the first of Feb, but first I enquired at the dole office if i would have a long wait to get back on the dole after finishing the fas coarse that ended in may, "no you will be fast tracked if your coming off a fas coarse"Ok says I as iv heard of some seriously long waiting times to renew claims,

So finished fas coarse end of may, back down to dole office last week, they gave me all the forms to fill out to bring back today and i asked again will i be long waiting, "no you will be fast tracked"

handed in forms today asked "how long will i be waiting on average" (different girl) 9 weeks she said, now if she says 9 weeks that propably mean 12 weeks, "but i was told a couple of times by other people here id be fast tracked", No,not if your working part time she said.

Now my issue with this is I feel like i am being punished for doing as fas coarse and for working part time, Its really not much incentive to do any more fas coarse,s witch i was looking at doing,

Im begining to think id be better off jacking in the part time work and not doing any more coarse,s and just sit on the dole until a job turns up,

Last time I got means tested for x,s and o,s they were taking 33 euro out of my dole money for every day i worked,remember i might only work 4 hours a night so i might only get 50 euro for a (days) work so im acually only working for 17 euro a night, when i brought this up at the s w that i dont work full days but ye still take a full day out of my dole i just got a shrug of the shoulders and told" id have to talk to my td about that"

what a joke,

Rant over, feel a little better, thanks for listening AH, wont have to take it out on next doors cat now:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Elephants don't have keys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

You can go to your CWO in the meantime, get Supplementary Welfare Allowance, so you'll get your money and they'll take it out of the backdated dole you're given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

keith16 wrote: »

???????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Our glorious civil servants in action,the less you tell the SW the better in my experience.They have quite a talent for dragging their heels at the simplest of requests.

CWO should sort you out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

gw80 wrote: »

First off, Im working part time, maybe five hours a week

Your stretching the word work there a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

I don't get it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

Our glorious civil servants in action,the less you tell the SW the better in my experience.They have quite a talent for dragging their heels at the simplest of requests.

CWO should sort you out though.

Ill try them but i have a funny feeling that because im working part time they probably wont do much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

You're good but you're no Hal Roach

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

keith16 wrote: »

Ah they must have to get their stuff out of their trunk. . .

On topic Op it does suck that system punishes you for working but there are psychological benifits to working that money can't buy
    Best of luck hope you get a job very soon

Your stretching the word work there a little bit.

try standing on a nightclub door listening to abuse, getting spat at people wanting to fight with you because they dont understand the words "i cant let you in because your too drunk, come back next week"and only last week one little scummer who tried to walk in with his jeans tucked into his socks and a vulgar gold chain with a gold boxing glove diliberatly pulled out over his tracksuit top said he was going home to get a knife and come back and stab me with it, or the numerous threats to burn my house or my car out almost weekly, for 17 euro a night. would you do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Dear OP,
    We're truly sorry there has been such a delay in getting you your free money and we promise to try to do better in the future.
    Yours sincerely
    The Taxpayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Dear OP,
    We're truly sorry there has been such a delay in getting you your free money and we promise to try to do better in the future.
    Yours sincerely
    The Taxpayers.

working since i was 15 buddy, doing everything i can to get back to work, hence the fas coarse, was working from the first week after finishing a fas coarse in 2005 until 2010,full time

i was working from feb last year until sep full time,

and iv been doing security since 2004

so if you find yourself or any one close to you on the dole anytime soon il be expecting a thank you for my contribution in a pm

p,s im 33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

doing everything i can to get back to work,

hmmmmmm

Im begining to think id be better off jacking in the part time work and not doing any more coarse,s and just sit on the dole until a job turns up,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

try standing on a nightclub door listening to abuse, getting spat at people wanting to fight with you because they dont understand the words "i cant let you in because your too drunk, come back next week"and only last week one little scummer who tried to walk in with his jeans tucked into his socks and a vulgar gold chain with a gold boxing glove diliberatly pulled out over his tracksuit top said he was going home to get a knife and come back and stab me with it, or the numerous threats to burn my house or my car out almost weekly, for 17 euro a night. would you do it

17 a night? Not a hope.

hmmmmmm

ha, you,ll notice the begining to think part of that,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You get 50 for it

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

honesty was your downfall

ask to be paid cash in hand

bluewolf wrote: »
    You get 50 for it

yea but they take 33 out of my dole for 4 hours work, if i did eight hours a night then it would,nt complain(i swear i wouldnt:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Being on the dole definitely has its benefits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

If we are accepting everything the OP says as true, then I don't know how anyone can have a pop at him. It's not free money if he's been working all his life. And at least he's trying to do something in terms of upskilling, unlike many others who are happy to just sit on the dole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

honesty was your downfall

ask to be paid cash in hand

Its people like you is whats wrong with this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

deccurley wrote: »
    Its people like you is whats wrong with this country.

:pac:

For some maybe, but i hate the dole, but im a bit calmer now and i guess ill just have to swallow me pride and head for the cwo with my hand out, :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

But working does ,at least you can get on you high horse like Frank Black and make smart remakes about the people claiming dole and having problems.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    But working does ,at least you can get on you high horse like Frank Black and make smart remakes about the people claiming dole and having problems.

where is frank? maybe that was his horse in the photo,s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Out of curiosity, where abouts is the bar/club that you do the door for if you don't mind me asking? Do you work directly for the venue or are you with an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

At least you have a part time job to help tide you over. I got a job last Feb and when the Social found out: "Congratulations," they said "We'll stop your payments now". "But I don't' get paid for a month," says I "what am I supposed to live on?" "Not my problem," was the gist of the answer.

orestes wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, where abouts is the bar/club that you do the door for if you don't mind me asking? Do you work directly for the venue or are you with an agency?

agency

• Advertisement
Advertisement