Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mind body and soul, alternative spiritual music festivals....

Options
  • 14-06-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭

Mind body and spirit is another one.
    These kind of music festivals seem to be getting more popular,would you feel uncomfortable there, or would you find it interesting ?

I love the vibe at those weekenders.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Just tell the wimminz you're a chick-whisperer.

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

robindch wrote: »
    Just tell the wimminz you're a chick-whisperer.

Works for me.

Lol ill never understand them, although there's a lot of beautiful people at those festival's, free love and all that. ..

Better than a Christian Rock weekender :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Geomy wrote: »
    Mind body and spirit.
    I googled this, I couldn't see any music, just a whole pile of crazy.

I'll stick to not funding the "psychic" industry, ta.

I googled this, I couldn't see any music, just a whole pile of crazy.

I'll stick to not funding the "psychic" industry, ta.

Ok, good man thanks for the research :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Mind body and spirit is another one.
    These kind of music festivals seem to be getting more popular,would you feel uncomfortable there, or would you find it interesting ?

I love the vibe at those weekenders.

Isn't "mind, body and spirit" just code for taking lots of drugs? :pac:

3928139-hippy-preparing-rolling-and-smoking-marijuana-joint--photos-series.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

If this is what you are talking about

http://www.mindbodyspirit.ie/

it seems to be little more than a trade show (150 stalls! my word!) to sell stuff that doesn't do anything to gullible people.

You know your "festival" (in what way is this a festival) has a problem when the head line speaker is the "Director of the Institute of Psychic Development" :eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jebus, no-one tell my OH's mum about this. We have a hard enough time with her spiritual DVDs and her fecking 'Universe' nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

ah come on, share the laughs what's the 'universe' nonsense?

Well, apparently (this is what I gleaned before my brain shut off in self preservation) what you do is you ask The Universe (as in the big, mostly empty, universe) for what you want; a job, money, half a brain, whatever, and The Universe will decide if you deserve it and will grant your request, or not. It's all to do with interconnectedness, or Quantum, or some crap. It's basically replacing deities with The Universe, which at least exists, but probably wouldn't give less of a shít about humans even if it had a conciousness.

Apparenty Noel Stupidjumpers, that does Deal or No Deal, credits asking The Universe with the revivification of his career. So, nothing to do with the contacts he made after decades in the television industry there.

Noel Edmunds and his Cosmic Ordering lol

• Advertisement

On that note: Dear universe, can I please have €10 million and a girlfriend? Everything else should fall nicely into place after that. Thanks, Yeppydeppy.

Is that it?

That's his name. All I could think of was his jumpers and his beard. Noel Beardyjumper.
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    On that note: Dear universe, can I please have €10 million and a girlfriend? Everything else should fall nicely into place after that. Thanks, Yeppydeppy.

Is that it?

You probably have to be 'open' or 'receptive' or 'unable to realise the difference between correlation and causation' or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CNR94

kylith wrote: »
    Apparenty Noel Stupidjumpers, that does Deal or No Deal, credits asking The Universe with the revivification of his career.

Jesus, The Universe fairly ****ed him over on that one then...

Is that it?

Your on the right track, let me know how you get on :-)

They say it works better standing on your head....

Is that it?

Actually, let me know when that €10m comes in and I might be able to help you out on the girlfriend front ;)

Your on the right track, let me know how you get on :-)

They say it works better standing on your head....

I'd better wait till I've had a few beers first.

Actually, let me know when that €10m comes in and I might be able to help you out on the girlfriend front ;)

eh, you couldn't sorta help me out before that could ya? 'Cause like now I've asked the universe it's bound to happen at some stage so like I thought maybe we could get the auld ball rollin' in the mean time?

I really don't know, Yeppy, I feel like the universe will tell me when it's the right time, and that'll probably be about 30 minutes after that cheque for 10 mill clears.

• Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Well, apparently (this is what I gleaned before my brain shut off in self preservation) what you do is you ask The Universe (as in the big, mostly empty, universe) for what you want; a job, money, half a brain, whatever, and The Universe will decide if you deserve it and will grant your request, or not. It's all to do with interconnectedness, or Quantum, or some crap. It's basically replacing deities with The Universe, which at least exists, but probably wouldn't give less of a shít about humans even if it had a conciousness.

Apparenty Noel Stupidjumpers, that does Deal or No Deal, credits asking The Universe with the revivification of his career. So, nothing to do with the contacts he made after decades in the television industry there.

Sounds like a mash-up of prayer+"God works in mysterious ways" and The Secret.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Jebus, no-one tell my OH's mum about this. We have a hard enough time with her spiritual DVDs and her fecking 'Universe' nonsense...
    don't tell me she believes in the universe?

• Advertisement

eh, you couldn't sorta help me out before that could ya? 'Cause like now I've asked the universe it's bound to happen at some stage so like I thought maybe we could get the auld ball rollin' in the mean time?

The best part of this cosmic ordering service is, when it doesn't work out the way you intended, you can always say the universe had better things to be doing....

Like upgrading russels teapot to warp 7, and giving the spaghetti monster more responsibility :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

And in what way is cosmic ordering different from prayer, exactly?

Oh, wait. The thing you're hoping will do your work for you exists in cosmic ordering.

@koth, it is The Secret. I remember that one of the tabs did a big two page spread on Noel Stupidjumpers bigging up the book after he got the Deal or No Deal gig. Supposedly it was reading the book that got him it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I remember doing sound for a documentary at a music/spirit/soul festival. Met a very nice lady who was telling me about her friend who is a shaman. I asked her what a shaman does in the 21st Century. "Traversing the dimensions, fighting demons" apparently.

Advertisement