Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dept entitled to know landlord details?

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭

I made a claim for JA recently. I have provided satisfactory proof of address and proof of payment of rent. The Dept is demanding the name and full address of my landlord or they will suspend my payment.
    I don't have his address and it is not a registered tenancy. I have a feeling he will be reluctant to give me this information.
    On what basis are the Dept demanding this data and are they entitled to suspend my payment if I cannot obtain someone else's address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I moved house twice during the space of a couple of months last year. The first place was a disaster and with all the moving I didn't have proof of address for it (no bills yet) and the landlord wouldn't sign anything after I moved out.

After giving social welfare proof of address for my new place they were still asking for something to prove I'd been in the first place for a month and a half. I just told them the truth and they wrote down "non-cooperative landlord" on my claim.

Obviously it's a different situation but it shows that they are somewhat open to the fact that there are dodgy landlords all over the place.

Advertisement