Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International phone calls

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I am looking for cheap international phone calls and have come across a website called DialAbroad. They are offering landline and mobile calls to Canada for 3c a minute - you buy credit from them, receive a pin and use your pin to make calls. It seems simple, but I just wanted to check whether anyone has heard of them / used them and if they are legit.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I haven't used or heard of them before Ciara but I would stress that they are probably a reseller, like most of those companies and that should you run into issues Comreg would have little control over them as they are not based in Ireland. Having said that I have used cheapvoip and a few of those providers and have had no problem. A lot of them charge for transactions and may have a call setup charge.

There are providers that have calls to Canada for less then 3 cent and are perfectly legit. How you use them is is that they give you a dial in number, you ring that and enter the PIN and then when prompted you enter the number you want to dial. Obviously you have to pay your provider for call to that access number (which is most likely a geographic number).

Advertisement