Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claims of intimidation of TDs

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0613/456422-abortion-legislation-tds/

I assume that all those TDs have reported these cases to the guards and they are being investigated.

Or do the TDs think that the type of people (RC stiff upper lip hypcotitical scum more than likely) involved in these threats are above the law?

Or is it all b.s. from TDs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

Since you have offered the choice my guess is it's all bull**** from TD's,its what they do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They're probably not stupid enough to print a return address.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kneemos wrote: »
    They're probably not stupid enough to print a return address.

Some politicians are claiming they are being spat at in the street.

I assume this constitutes assault, and therefore should be reported to the guards if it's happening.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Some politicians are claiming they are being spat at in the street.

I assume this constitutes assault, and therefore should be reported to the guards if it's happening.

If the TD grabs the person and waits for the police,if the police decide to get a DNA test on the saliva so that they can prosecute for a very minor assault to allow the judge hand down a small fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

The TD's have raped the entire nation, intimidation is quite minor in comparison.

In all honesty though, spitting etc is scummy and there's no excuse for it. You're a lowlife if you spit on another person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Some anti-abortionists are unhinged, look at Youth Defenses facebook if you want perfect examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

If its true I bet there will be no resources spared to bring these spitting offenders to justice.If it were a member of the public that was robbed or beaten up on the streets nobody will be caught..........just f*****g typical.

RealExpert wrote: »
    If its true I bet there will be no resources spared to bring these spitting offenders to justice.If it were a member of the public that was robbed or beaten up on the streets nobody will be caught..........just f*****g typical.

It's disgusting but no physical harm is being done so...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Some anti-abortionists are unhinged, look at Youth Defenses facebook if you want perfect examples.
    To be fair, the abuse has been hurled from both sides since the whole abortion debate was reignited, but you can opt to paint a whole group with the same brush if you so wish. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

robman60 wrote: »
    but you can opt to paint a whole group with the same brush if you so wish. :rolleyes:
    Have you been on their page? Try and get a legitimate answer from them on the abortion topic. I tried asking "how is abortion exactly murder, please respond with evidence" and I got "satan created abortion" and bible verses thrown my way, among other responses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

robman60 wrote: »
    To be fair, the abuse has been hurled from both sides since the whole abortion debate was reignited, but you can opt to paint a whole group with the same brush if you so wish. :rolleyes:

Can I have the abuse the Pro-Choice have been hurling. All I've heard is calls for the organisations to respect the choice of women and not to force their mainly religion driven ideology and morals upon a society which supports abortion. No hurling, no death mail.

All I can think of is 'Never Again' after Savita died hardly abuse. A fair call on the government to legislate for something the constitutions demands they do. No bias, no emotional blackmail just a call for a right the constitution guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

Have you been on their page? Try and get a legitimate answer from them on the abortion topic. I tried asking "how is abortion exactly murder, please respond with evidence" and I got "satan created abortion" and bible verses thrown my way, among other responses
    No, I haven't been on their page. I'm pro-life as you could probably guess, and I too despise the introduction of religion to debates on abortion. There are perfectly legitimate debates against abortion with purely human/scientific debate (see secular pro-life). You should note that they don't represent all pro-lifers either. Personally I think the Pro-Life Campaign group are a more favourable organisation.

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Can I have the abuse the Pro-Choice have been hurling. All I've heard is calls for the organisations to respect the choice of women and not to force their mainly religion driven ideology and morals upon a society which supports abortion. No hurling, no death mail.

All I can think of is 'Never Again' after Savita died hardly abuse. A fair call on the government to legislate for something the constitutions demands they do. No bias, no emotional blackmail just a call for a right the constitution guarantees.
    Ah, maybe threatening to kill Dublin's Archbishop? That Brian Walsh FG TD (I can't recall his name exactly, he declared he wouldn't be supporting the legislation with the suicide provision but went on to row back on his position) said he was threatened for the stance he'd taken.

Advertisement