Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forwards specific coaching

Options
  • 13-06-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am interested in forwards coaching and only forwards coaching. Have any of you found forwards scrum specific courses or seminars that I can do?

I am based in ulster and can't find any.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/branch/development/coaching_news.php

That's the page you need to keep tabs on; your club committee should also be contacted as courses arise. I take it you have your foundation courses and that behind you, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

yeh I am on that a lot. I have my Level 1 done and all but want to be more forward specific. Just wondered if any coaches did their own "workshops" or anything.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

$ausage$ wrote: »
    yeh I am on that a lot. I have my Level 1 done and all but want to be more forward specific. Just wondered if any coaches did their own "workshops" or anything.

Thanks
    Look to top scrimmaging coaches similar to calibre of Seamus Harty, Roly Meates etc for advice
    What exactly do you want to know. Are you actively coaching and at what level?
    Contact your provincial branch and the development officers as they are those who can help you. They will be able to answer your queries best

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

I was a forwards coach for a senior side for about 3 years and have now moved up leagues but down to u19's. I have asked a few of the guys in Ulster but they just say its all in their courses and point you to them but I feel its a wide open market for seminars and practical's like you see in MMA.

TBH my move of clubs was mainly to try and learn of other coaches and see what they do at a higher level. I am interested in Scrum and lineout set pieces mainly.

Advertisement