Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholics fight bill that would increase NJ Statute of limitations to 30 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

As if we needed proof that the born are not a priority.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Links234 wrote: »
    This is sick, we're actually talking about a catholic organization that is unambiguously protecting child rapists... :mad:
    The church has spent a lot of money lobbying for statutes of limitations to be applied where they exist, and enacted where they don't. They've been doing it in the US for years.

It's not unlike the actions of the religious orders involved in the residential abuse settlement -- they signed up for an easy deal with Michael Woods, then stuck two fingers up to the taxpayer when it ballooned, then asset-stripped their organizations into compliant trusts when it looked like they'd be pursused; then said they'd no money). Use and abuse the law as much as possible and don't hold back on the lawyers.

Somebody (was it Mr Pudding?) had a quote from somebody who was involved towards the start of the Canadian scandals pointing out how the church and the religious were going to behave. Years before they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The length the church has gone to avoid payments in the us is unbelieveable. Claiming in court they were insolvent although a few months before hand they emptied their accounts and deposited the money in another parish. They tried to claim property brought in the 1940s was still the same value today.

The catholic church if it was a company would be one of the largest and most value able companies in the us. Likw any company they try to reduce their potential law suits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Do we really need further reminders from the RCC that they are one of the most evil, in humane, unethical organisations that this planet has ever seen. I actually think 30 years is not long enough either, the RCC should be charged as an organisation for crimes against humanity dating back to the inquisition and the witch trials. The fact they profess to be a moral authority and beacons of what is good and right is sickening. That so many people fall for their bull**** hook, line and sinker is undeniable evidence of the collective nativity and gullibility of humans. How can any parent in this day and age agree to have their children indoctrinated by these monsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Right then, so a 9 year old abuse victim had until they are 11 to come forward? Well that makes sense!

I think you misread the article, the statute of limitations is currently at the victim turns 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I think you misread the article, the statute of limitations is currently at the victim turns 20.

You are right I did! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

My favourite was the case where the lawyers of a catholic hospital being sued for the death of a pregnant woman and her foetus ran a defence that stated the foetus was not a person. On my phone right now so can't get a link. It was posted before, but I will put it up later. I swear Jernal, I will.

EDIT: found it
    MrP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Bloody hell this crowd have no shame.

What's as bad is the cognitive dissonance or whatever that stops people from seeing the organisation they support as it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

robindch wrote: »
    Yes, but I wonder how much of that is "busted again, better say something to make it look like we had no idea it was happening."

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,739 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Yet again the RCC fails to live up to that it preaches. It frequently tells people to honour their responsibilities live to a certain moral standard.

Then when it is morally obliged to try to help the victims of abuse carried out by its members, it does all it can to avoid that responsibility. It's actively trying to make sure that victims can't get justice for the abuse they suffered.

It's truly contemptible behaviour from the so-called "moral authority".

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Not a bit surprised. Yet another reason to wonder why people still support this disgusting group.

Dades wrote: »
    What's as bad is the cognitive dissonance or whatever that stops people from seeing the organisation they support as it really is.
    Ah, sure isn't the local PP is a lovely guy? He wouldn't get involved with anything nasty at all. Great lad. Really puts in massive time with the young lads over in the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ah sure you have to believe in something, and sure I don't agree with them on everything, but I have my own faith. And sure where would we be without the nuns and brothers educating us all and minding us when we were sick years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, sure isn't the local PP is a lovely guy? He wouldn't get involved with anything nasty at all. Great lad. Really puts in massive time with the young lads over in the GAA.

He blesshed the road.

Sarky wrote: »
    He blesshed the road.
    Well, we've all done a bit of that one the way back from a long night out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was listening to this at the weekend, first time in a while i had dug the album out. seems apt to this thread (as well as multiple other ones on A&A, to be fair).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YhtLZ5WVD0

some choice lyrics:
    It's been a while since you said heil
    You CIA-bred necrophile; No Russkies left to rail at, not for now
    but the Slavs in their millions with their scrapheaps of children
    must replace your South Americans
    More skulls to keep your Mafia in the Mafia Top Ten

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

lazygal wrote: »
    Ah sure you have to believe in something, and sure I don't agree with them on everything, but I have my own faith. And sure where would we be without the nuns and brothers educating us all and minding us when we were sick years ago.

AND they won us our freedom from Perfidious Albion!

Well, we've all done a bit of that one the way back from a long night out.

I blessed a road I suspect is Free Presbyterian on the Isle of Skye during many a Hogmanay.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

lazygal wrote: »

Yes. We all know that only for the Catholic church the Irish government would have been happy to let us all die in ditches of diseases we couldn't even spell.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    Yes. We all know that only for the Catholic church the Irish British government would have been happy to let us all die in ditches of diseases we couldn't even spell.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya. ;)

Both of them! No-one would have cared if anyone living in Ireland survived at all, at all, only for the beneficence of the HRCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

kylith wrote: »
    Both of them! No-one would have cared if anyone living in Ireland survived at all, at all, only for the beneficence of the HRCC.

Sure they're all going to die anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sure they'd have murdered us all in our mother's wombs, if they'd had the chance.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement