Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

******** Cavan College *********

• 13-06-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone going to cavan college this year? ;D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Doubht must people on boards will be going there. The junior cert forum is full of mainly educated people, judging from there goals and predictions, and I assume most will be going to universitys/instiutions rather down a plc route :) Well to answer your question, I'm not going to Cavan College, for one because I don't know where I'm going yet, for two I wouldn't travel that far just to go too cavan college.

Goodluck with your future though in cavan college, I'm sure you'll do great.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Doubht must people on boards will be going there. The junior cert forum is full of mainly educated people, judging from there goals and predictions, and I assume most will be going to universitys/instiutions rather down a plc route :) Well to answer your question, I'm not going to Cavan College, for one because I don't know where I'm going yet, for two I wouldn't travel that far just to go too cavan college.

Where you go after school doesn't measure your education or intelligence.

Well it kind of does. As people going through the PLC route don't require points, thats mainly the reason why they take the PLC route. If you go to an institution or university you're looking at points which means your more likely to be intelligent, I'm not saying that everyone goes to cavan college is un-intelligent, but they're certainly going down the easy road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

hey man as a matter of fact a guy out of my class who is very intelligent will be going to Cavan himself, it really doesn't measure intell as if you are going into a course such as computer programmer and haven't much background on computers then you are going to want to start from the beginning and work your way up ect.. i mean if you got all A's in the leaving but fancy learning about computer you may not know anything on them and so you will need to start from the beginning. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 NiallDoherty

Why's this in the JC forum and not the LC one? Anyway yeah gonna be doing the computer games programming course :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well it kind of does. As people going through the PLC route don't require points, thats mainly the reason why they take the PLC route. If you go to an institution or university you're looking at points which means your more likely to be intelligent, I'm not saying that everyone goes to cavan college is un-intelligent, but they're certainly going down the easy road.

Don't be silly.

Really, at JC you have no idea what PLC courses or the PLC route entails. Plenty prejudice evident in this post though. Hardly the sign of an 'educated' or 'intelligent' person.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

spurious wrote: »
    Don't be silly.

Really, at JC you have no idea what PLC courses or the PLC route entails. Plenty prejudice evident in this post though. Hardly the sign of an 'educated' or 'intelligent' person.

Hey you leave him alone you bully. Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you can start a conflict on every single thread to take your anger out on ya old geezer.

Sure. the only reason they made you a mod because they felt sorry for a 50 year old loner on boards.ie and thought that someone that is 30 years older than everyone else would be more mature.

How wrong they were (about the maturity not the loneliness)!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Hey you leave him alone you bully. Just because you're a mod doesn't mean you can start a conflict on every single thread to take your anger out on ya old geezer.

Sure. the only reason they made you a mod because they felt sorry for a 50 year old loner on boards.ie and thought that someone that is 30 years older than everyone else would be more mature.

How wrong they were (about the maturity not the loneliness)!!!!!!!!!
    I think you're taking it a bit too far ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 kaiser141

Yeh going to close this thread getting a little bit out of hand, sorry if this thread has caused any major problems ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think you're taking it a bit too far ..

I think it's best left. People will make their own minds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 stephcgriffin

Doing Veterinary Assistance in September. I've been a student here before & loved it! Just need to find a housemate now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Just to point out that I'm a previous student of Cavan College. I did my Leaving Cert in 2005 got 495 points decided to do a PLC because I was 16 doing my LC and thought I was too young for university. Studied a course for classroom assistants and special needs assistants. Went to university straight after completed my degree in 2009, started a Masters in English in sept of that year. Went back in 2011 to do the Professional Diploma in Education and I'm now a secondary school teacher but by a previous posters logic I would be "un-intelligent". What college/university/institute you attend does not suggest your level of intelligence at all. Do whatever course you want to do wherever you want to do it and pass no remarks on those who have nothing positive to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Plcs are also necessary for certain courses i.e beauty therapy/hairdressing your lack of knowledge is obvious from your spelling

Really, at JC you have no idea what PLC courses or the PLC route entails. Plenty prejudice evident in this post though. Hardly the sign of an 'educated' or 'intelligent' person. I never claimed to be an intelligent person, just because I'm doing my Junior Cert it doesn't mean I don't know people who have taken the PLC route. I find that comment rather insulting and, I should be rightly able to give my opinion, personally I don't recommend Cavan College, thats all I'm saying. I don't want to cause an argument or anything, but I didn't like the comment you made.

Advertisement