Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German translation needed

Options
  • 13-06-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Is this correct if I want to say the following: in reality not a lot is being done= in Wirklichkeit nicht zu viel es wird gemacht ist

And also is this word order correct: Neuiclich kann ich kein Job finden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭cnn27

I think the correct word order would be "In Wirklichkeit wird nicht so viel gemacht", or you could maybe say In Wirklichkeit wird wenig getan., although don't think there's much difference between them.

For the second, the word order is correct (but it's "neulich kann ich keinEN Job finden if you want to be 100% gramatically correct).

If there's any native speakers around they might be able to suggest other ways of saying these sentences, but if it's for the Leaving Cert tomorrow, both of the above should be fine. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

mossy95 wrote: »
    And also is this word order correct: Neuiclich kann ich kein Job finden
    Neulich requires the past tense so it should read: "Neulich konnte ich keinen Job finden"

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

cnn27 wrote: »
    I think the correct word order would be "In Wirklichkeit wird nicht so viel gemacht", or you could maybe say In Wirklichkeit wird wenig getan., although don't think there's much difference between them.
    That's correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

In Wirklichkeit,wird's nicht viel gemacht any good?

Advertisement