Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on JSA Claim and offered Part-Time Job

Options
  • 13-06-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi, wondering can someone here help me! Applied for JSA four weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since about my claim, handed in my forms, received my social card and and have signed on but have heard nothing else. In the meantime, I was offered a job today to work in a bar part-time, 5/15 hours at the weekends and I am starting this weekend doing 5 hours.

My question is, do I go into the Welfare Office and tell them I have gained part-time employment or wait till I hear from them about my claim? Also will this effect my claim, as in will I lose the back pay which I am owed, also will my claim be changed again and will I have to wait for much longer as they have to change my claim around?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You need to get some forms from the welfare office for your new employer to fill in.Back money will not be effected.Waiting times will be down to the work load in your local office.

Advertisement